Saturday, March 26, 2011

Regaining My Selfishness

My husband had a week off work and it gave us a little more time to talk. We opened up about what we wanted to do in the next year and what was bothering us. Shockingly he tells me, "you don't really dress up like you used to." Imagine my face.. o_0 Huh??? And he continues, "I mean your trying to be conservative for your beliefs and all, but when you wear a long skirt, a long sleeved shirt, and its all hangy, it doesnt really look good. Its too much!" And to think I thought I was trying to be holy! HA! I realized, although my husband finds me attractive in anything I wear, I can't get too comfortable. The problem was I was replacing the money I would spend on my self for clothes for my kids. And even though that's important I need to remind my self to spoil myself too. I was also refusing to buy clothing because I had gained all this weight after my last baby. And it wasn't much weight, but I dreaded to be the "fat" girl. When I heard this from him I panicked, but he explained to me that it wasn't that he wasn't still attracted. He simply wanted me to regain my confidence and my love for myself once more. One of the many traits he loves about me is my confidence and I understand that he wanted to set me back on track. So this weekend we emptied out my closet and have been shopping for 3days now. I have to say that I appreciate him making me realize where I was headed. I was feelng like a piece of me was missing, but now I'm whole again. I never understood how moms could become so careless about themselves after kids, but its not that, its lost of time and money and love for your kids. I vow to continue to take care of my kids just as I've been doing, but also making time to spoil myself. I once heard a housewife on T.V. say "They come younger, but not hotter!"; and when I'm done with my journey I'll be saying the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment