Saturday, April 30, 2011

Resting In Him



Tonight, God spoke and taught me an important lesson. Being a mom I usually get overwhelmed by how much I have to do day to day. And even when my hubby offers to help I usually turn him down and opt to do it myself. The over-protective, controlling side of me many times takes over situations. I also have the bad habit of over-booking myself. In one day I wanna work, pick up the kids, cook, exercise, shower and go to church. And because church is the last one on the list, I usually go to bed after my shower, leaving church as my last priority. Over the last couple of weeks Ive been beating myself up about it, and constantly asking God to forgive my inattentiveness. All this added more to what was already piled up on my day. But I never stopped to think why was I so worked up? As the preacher talked tonight he quoted 1Peter 5:7 where it says "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." And that's EXACTLY what I wasn't doing. I had the key to it all but wasn't using it. All my life I was brought up to trust in God and I did, but I forgot to trust and leave all my weight in his hands, so that I wouldn't have to carry it. God told me leave everything that is stopping you from continuing to do my will and I will handle it. If I had only thought of that before, I wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of trying to do it on my own. WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS PATH. GOD IS WITH US EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! So why are we wasting our time stressing about balancing the little things, when our God is the Lord Almighty? Sometimes we forget to sit back and relax a remember that God is on control. Mathew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Let's take advantage of the powerful and merciful God we have and leave everything in his hands. Having faith that he has everything in control is the first step, and he'll handle the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment